Snap-On Smile® is revolutionizing cosmetic dentistry. This remarkably natural-looking dental appliance can immediately transform nearly any smile, without the need for structural alteration of the teeth or injections. For patients who want to have stunningly beautiful smiles, but also want a treatment option that can be reversed at any time, Snap-On Smile® offers a potentially ideal alternative to treatments such as porcelain veneers. Snap-On Smile® is also an outstanding option for patients who wish to preview what they would look like after a comprehensive smile makeover before committing to more costly and permanent treatments.
At our family dentistry practice in Forney, Snap-On Smile® candidates are informed of the benefits and potential risks associated with the treatment before they are fitted with their very own appliance. Our doctors work carefully with candidates to make sure that their Snap-On Smile® devices perfectly complement their smiles and surrounding facial features in terms of size, shape, and color. Thankfully, most patients are good candidates for Snap-On Smile®, including patients with health conditions that might preclude them from undergoing more extensive procedures, such as the placement of crowns or dental implants.
Are you a good candidate for an instant smile makeover with Snap-On Smile®? The only way to find out is to meet with one of the talented, experienced, and compassionate dentists of Forney Family Dentistry & Orthodontics in a one-on-one confidential consultation.
Candidacy for Snap-On Smile®
Snap-On Smile® is designed to provide an instant smile makeover for the vast majority of patients; however, not everyone will qualify for Snap-On Smile®. Those who are not suitable candidates for Snap-On Smile® include patients who have:
- No natural teeth remaining in the mouth: Because the Snap-On Smile® appliance relies on the patient’s natural teeth for support, the patient must have at least four natural teeth remaining on the arch being treated. Therefore, a patient who wants to have Snap-On Smile® appliances placed on both the upper and lower arches must have at least eight natural teeth remaining: four on the upper arch and four on the lower arch.
- Advanced periodontal disease: Patients who have loose teeth due to advanced gum disease generally do not qualify for treatment with Snap-On Smile®.
- Buck teeth: Patients whose front teeth protrude are not suitable candidates for Snap-On Smile®.
That’s basically it. As long as you don’t have any of the above-listed conditions, you are most likely a great candidate for Snap-On Smile® treatment. Snap-On Smile® is an outstanding treatment option for patients who:
- Are missing one or more of their natural teeth (as long as four teeth remain on the arch being treated)
- Have teeth that are discolored, chipped, malformed, cracked, or otherwise cosmetically damaged
- Cannot undergo more invasive dental treatments due to medical conditions or advanced age
- Have orthodontic issues, including crooked teeth and gaps between teeth
- Have “gummy” smiles
- Want to preview what their smiles would look like after undergoing more costly and invasive dental treatments before committing to those treatments
- Need to dramatically and immediately improve the appearance of their smiles before a special event
- Are looking for a less expensive but still excellent long-term alternative to porcelain veneers and crowns
Learn More about Snap-On Smile®
Want to learn more about how you could benefit from Snap-On Smile®? Please contact Forney Family Dentistry & Orthodontics today.